As a matter of fact, that dusty, loose, or dirty cables leading from your DSL modem to your wireless router or directly to your Netgear range extender to your computer can cause reductions in your internet speed significantly. Internet connection drops only and because of this reason that can cause errors in the Netgear extender setup process too
If you wanna fix issues that are becoming the cause of slow internet connection, then you have to do the following things.
- Clean all connections regularly.
- Maintain proper ventilation around all electrical components.
- Avoid overheating.
- Use dust-free, well-maintained, and cuts-free Ethernet cables.
- Update your devices (modem, router, range extender, and computer) timely.
Moreover, go through our top tips that would help you to get uninterrupted internet speed.
Secure your Internet
If your internet is protected by a secured and strong password, then no one can make use of it. But if it is not, then anyone can have access to it. Huge traffic on your internet is a cause of slow and sluggish internet connection.
To fix this issue, secure your network as soon as possible.
To do so:
- Connect your computer/ laptop to the router.
- Load up a web browser.
- Type 192.168.0.1 into the URL bar field.
- Enter username and password.
- Personalized the default login credentials.
For further information, interact with our tech support team via 1-844-697-8376.
Relocate your Existing WiFi Router
There are many things that can impact the signal strength of your existing broadband router.
Interference caused from the objects like baby monitors, cordless phones, treadmill, concrete walls, mirror, doors, public WiFi, Bluetooth speakers, metal and electronic gadgets and appliances is the big cause of slow internet speed.
So if you wanna get rid of this issue, try moving your router away from them. Ideally, your router should be positioned high – on top of a bookshelf in a neat, clean, and dry surface.
Clean Up your Computer/ laptop
There are tons of apps installed on your computer/ laptop that are using the internet in the background.
Below is the list of the following things that can ruin away your bandwidth.
- Windows updates.
- Security updates and scans.
- Media player.
- Third-party pop-ups.
- Instant chat applications.
- Open website tabs and more.
To boost your internet speed, uninstall the services you don’t want. Turn off the applications that are not in use. Only turn them on when you need them.
Also, delete the junk files, caches, malware, browsing history, and cookies, on a daily basis. Install a firewall security so that you can permit those networks to access your network that are known only to you.
Regularly Update Firmware and Software
Your router, modem, and the range extender actually have its own software that you must to update on regular basis.
For example, if you have a Netgear range extender, then:
- Connect your computer/ laptop with the range extender.
- Load up a web browser in it.
- Type mywifiext not into the search bar, but into the URL bar of your web browser.
- If you face mywifiext.net login errors, then use 192.168.1.250 instead.
- Click on ‘advanced’ and update Netgear extender firmware’ to the latest and up-to-date version of technology.
An outdated firmware leads to discontinuous, slow, and sluggish internet speed.
Switch to a Netgear WiFi Range Extender
Though your router is the backbone of your home networking system, it can’t spread its internet range to dead zones and poor connectivity areas of your house.
If you wanna stream online TV shows and movies with a cup of tea or coffee or with a glass of beer in your balcony, backyard or courtyard of your house, then you might need a range extender.
Its installation process is very easy.
- Place your range extender in reach of an existing WiFi router.
- Open a web browser in your computer/ laptop.
- In its address bar type mywifiext.net
- Provide default or personalized login credentials to the required fields.
- On Netgear Genie home-page, follow the on-screen instructions and set up your Netgear device simply like a pro.
If you know other ways to increase your internet speed, then we would be really happy to hear them all. Comments are 24×7 open on this article. You are always welcome to catch us at any time with your queries and suggestions.