Everyone desires a picture-perfect glowing skin. Exposure to chemicals, pollution, and harmful UV rays can make your skin dull and dry. However, we cannot escape them as they are a part and parcel of our daily routine. The good news is this damage can be prevented. Sit back and relax, we have got simple and natural solutions for glowing skin.
Home remedies for glowing skin
This Indian spice is gaining attention due to its ability to combat various ailments from digestion disorders to cancer. Turmeric has healing properties, not just internally, but also for your skin. Since ages, it is used by Indian brides for a healthy glow as it brightens the skin. Some of the other turmeric benefits are for acne, eczema, psoriasis, dark circles under the eyes, dry skin, and wrinkles. Turmeric is an excellent exfoliating agent and can be used as a face mask with bases like honey, apple cider vinegar, and yogurt. Moreover, turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties, which are due to volatile oil and a phytonutrient known as curcumin. Turmeric reduces pigmentation and evens out the skin tone.
However, a patch test on the wrist is recommended as some people have reported an allergic reaction to it.
Aloe vera gel uses for the skin are countless. It is a great moisturizer and softens the skin without clogging the pores. Aloe vera has anti-aging qualities due to the presence of vitamins C, E, and beta carotene (a precursor to vitamin A). Its antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties help to take years off your face. Aloe vera benefits by increasing the production of collagen, improving skin elasticity in just 90 days. Being an astringent, Aloe vera reduces the pore size preventing the accumulation of dirt, microbes, and sebum. It speeds up reproduction of skin cells, thus being the perfect solution for blemishes and scars.
You can use just Aloe vera gel or mix it with bases like honey and milk and apply it on face evenly. Allow it to stay for 20 minutes before washing it off with lukewarm water.
This fruit is considered one of nature’s best brightening agents. Lemon is rich in vitamin C that helps in fighting free radicals and damage caused by UV rays on the skin. It also lightens the scars and age spots. The antibacterial property of lemon aids in preventing acne. Lemon is a natural exfoliator and acts as a peel that removes the top layer of dead skin cells. Moreover, it brightens the skin, moisturizes it, and removes blackheads. Lastly, it fights off wrinkles and tones oily skin.
Mix 2 teaspoons of lemon juice with 2 teaspoons of sugar and apply this mixture on your face. Rub it in circular motion and leave it for 10 minutes. Wash it with warm water, and see the difference.
Some tips for glowing skin
- Get your beauty sleep: 7-8 hours of sleep is essential for the healthy functioning of the body. Frequent inadequate sleep increases the release of inflammatory cells, which are responsible for skin issues like dermatitis and acne.
- Keep yourself hydrated: Consume 2-3 litres of water daily. You can also sip herbal teas like ginger, lemon, or chamomile to keep your digestion healthy. A healthy digestive system is vital for glowing skin.
- Consume more vegetables: Consume vegetables with high water content like lettuce, carrot, radish, cucumber, and asparagus as they can be digested easily. Try a combination of 3-5 vegetables to keep your skin healthy.
- Exercise: It boosts blood circulation, which flushes out toxins and harmful free radicals and nourishes your skin. Exercising regularly makes your skin glow internally.
- Consume nuts: Nuts have healthy fats that are good for the heart and skin. They are also rich in fiber and omega-3 fatty acids. Consume walnuts, pistachios, and almonds for glowing skin.