Car detailing, also known as auto detailing, is a term that is linked with car cleaning. This term is being used very frequently nowadays and has a different meaning in a different region. The proper definition of this term is to thoroughly clean, polish and protect each and every part of the car, from top to bottom, inside and outside, by using special tools and products which are usually not used by the typical car cleaners.
How to Choose the Right Car Detailing Specialist
To find out the right and reliable car detailing specialist, you need to consider some of the following points as given below:
- The cost of car detailing service and what are the packages involved in it.
- Ask which cleaning service will be the best for your car, is it chemical-free and eco-friendly or not.
- Do they offer mobile detailing?
- Do they offer any warranty on their products?
Steps Involved in Car Detailing
- The first step in this process is the exterior detailing which is usually done by foaming the car completely and then allow it to soak. This helps to soften up the dirt and lift it off the surface before rinsing. While the surface is in soaking condition, a soft-bristled brush is used to agitate the areas such as window rubbers, trim details, plastic grills, and badges. The loosened dirt and grime comes out and then the foam is rinsed off.
- Before cleaning the paintwork, the wheels and wheel arches are cleaned first because they are the dirtiest and most contaminated area of a car. Special brushes and wheel cleaning products are used to remove the dirt and grime from the brake calipers, suspension components, around lug nuts and wheel rears.
- After a thorough cleaning of wheel and arches, the next step is to wash the paintwork from top to bottom by using plush wash mitts and soft microfiber towels. This is done in conjunction with two buckets technique and grit guards that help to avoid any damage caused by any infliction.
- After washing the paintwork, it is then clayed using a lubricant and automotive clay bar. This helps to remove any bonded surface contaminants which have been not removed by washing alone.
- The next step is polishing which is done to remove any light scratches, hazing, swirl marks or any other imperfections. It is done with a rotary or dual action polishing machine by using abrasive grades of polish to refine the finish.
- After polishing the paintwork is then protected and sealed by using a pre-wax cleansing product to prepare the paint for wax bonding. Then, high-quality wax and sealant are used to provide tough, long-lasting protection and shine to the car.
- Once the paintwork is polished, the other exterior parts of the car are then dealt with. All the other parts are cleaned, polished and protected by using different cleaning products and brushes.
- At last, the interior parts are cleaned to remove the dirt, dust, and contaminants. This helps to brighten and freshen up the environment inside the car.
The main aim of detailing a car is to completely restore and enhance the car’s paintwork by removing the swirl marks and light scratches which have been caused over time and create a bad effect on the car’s outlook. The exterior part has to be washed and cleaned thoroughly to remove as much as dirt and contaminants. Car detailing helps to retain the originality of your car by undergoing a number of processes. All you need is to choose the best service provider for your car detailing.